Instructional design

The art of generating compelling learning experiences is combined with the science of how the brain functions in instructional design. Northeastern University identifies five top instructional design models:

1. ADDIE Model
  2. Backward Design/Understanding by Design (UbD)
  3. Design Thinking Model
  4. Fink’s Significant Learning Model
  5. ARCS Model
Photo from InstructionalDesign.org

PowerPoint

After discussing the theory, I would like to discuss how multimedia learning can be applied. PowerPoint is one of the most widely used tools. I’ve watched a lot of PowerPoint presentations throughout my education and have gotten a lot of comments on the various types of PowerPoint presentations. PowerPoint is essential in some classes for better demonstration. However, instructors are not permitted to use PowerPoint in some sessions.

Canva

I have used Canva before. I used it to quickly change the picture layout and size. I believe it is a very valuable tool that can be used to construct projects in school. Furthermore, because Canva is an online tool, it is very approachable and can assist users in learning the fundamentals of digital design.

A screenshot of using Canva

Reference

Northeastern University. (2021, July 20). 5 Top Instructional Design Models. Northeastern University Graduate Programs. Retrieved June 4, 2022, from https://www.northeastern.edu/graduate/blog/instructional-design-models/